Guide to Small Claims Court
I teach proven strategies for representing yourself in small claim court.
If you have never handled an small claims court case or even been inside a court room, then this course is for you.
- Work at your own pace. This course has been broken down into manageable and logical sections. Each of the sections will provide you with detailed explainations of the law, the legal process, handling court proceedings, and everything you need to present your best possible case.
- Clear instructions and advice. We'll ensure that you have the knowledge and information you need to present your case in a clear and logical manner to the magistrate.
- Course Length. How long the course takes it completely up to you. I designed this course to allow individuals to work at their own pace. And when you are enrolled, the course is always available to you online.
- Sample documents and formulas. Get sample pleadings, templates, and detailed step-by-step guidance to file, litigate and resolve your small claims case.
- Exclusive Access. Gain access to our team of experienced litigation attorneys who will answer each and every one of your questions. This isn't just an online course -- this is access to trained and seasoned lititgation attorneys who will take the time to review your case, familiarize themselves to your facts, and guide you through the process.
- Office Hours. Office hours to give you the opportunity to ask questions and get advice on complex issues.
This course is designed to assist individuals seeking to represent themselves in North Carolina's Small Claims Court. We will explore some introductory materials and then dive directly into the nuts and bolts of filing and handling a small claims court lawsuit in North Carolina.
I'll guide you through the entire process, start to finish. With curated content, templates, samples, checklists, and step-by-step instructions, you'll have your opposing party wondering if you are licensed to practice law in North Carolina.
You deserve the kind of representation that only you can offer! Fight to win for yourself...
Attorney Jared Pierce grew up in the Republic of South Africa, moving to Durham, North Carolina with his family in 2001. He received his Bachelor in History from North Carolina Central University in 2006. Soon after, he entered law school at NCCU, continuing his involvement with local organizations such as Project Care and the State Office of the NAACP.
Following law school, Attorney Pierce began his legal career by founding Pierce Law Offices in Durham, hoping to continue to serve his community through the practice of law. The name changed in 2013, but Wallace Pierce Law remains committed to addressing the needs of the people across North Carolina, focusing almost exclusively on car accident, property damage, and diminished value claims.
By using our curated course, you'll learn all about:
- Understanding the Process. You'll gain a deep and genuine understanding about how small claims cases are handled in North Carolina.
- Filing Your Lawsuit. I'll walk you drafting and filing your small claims court lawsuit. Additionally, I'll explain the best ways to serve the opposing party with your lawsuit.
- Seeking Fair Compensation. I'll teach you how to evaluate your case and prepare for trial in a meaningful way.
- Claim Strategies. Learn how to effectively protect your rights by understanding the process, communicating effectively, documenting your evidence, calculating your losses and litigate your claim towards a fair and reasonable outcome.
So you'd like to handle your own small claim court dispute? Awesome. Representing yourself is an excellent way to ensure that your cases is handled timely and ensuring that a lawyer charge you an arm and a leg. But the process can feel daunting and even overwhelming.
What deadlines or statutes apply? What should you do when the opposing counsel is being diifcult or refusing to negotiate in good faith? How should you present your arguments for compensation? How to give my lawsuit a fighting chance? This course can answer every one of these questions, and more!
I'm going to show you how you can take back control -- to not only understand exactly what judges and magistrates are looking for when hearing arguments but how to gather and present your evidence to make your claim self-proving.